Call us today:
5595 Winfield Blvd, Suite 110
San Jose, CA 95123
Nick Heimlich, Esq.
Nick Heimlich has represented businesses and individuals throughout California and the United States involving business litigation and corporate advising. He has represented small businesses (and large businesses) against large Companies with consistent success (click here for case results). He advises each client with a strategy catered to their objectives. He advises on matters from business formation to business disputes including breach of contract, trademark, fraud, partnership disputes, and franchise disputes. (click here for practice areas).
One successful case was a $45+ million settlement recovery for a small business owner in a breach of contract case. The small business owner was owed an earn-out payment after the sale of his business to a large publicly traded Company, but the Company refused to pay. Nick led an aggressive multi-forum litigation and achieved a successful resolution within 3 months from the date the company breached the contract. Nick has defended many clients in civil litigation including business disputes, franchise law and trademark disputes.
He has successfully limited their liability saving them thousands to more than a million dollars by the adept use of factual and legal defenses combined with a comprehensive analysis of the dispute.
- Gained trial experience with over 30 criminal trials with the District Attorney's Office (Alamance County, North Carolina);
- Helped get "Kaitlyn's Law" passed. Kaitlyn's law was named in honor of a young child who died from overmedication by her daycare provider;
- Clerked with U.S. Attorney's Office in Greensboro, North Carolina working on medical malpractice defense, claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act and Federal Criminal Appeals.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (Juris Doctorate), Winston-Salem, North Carolina;
- University of California, San Diego, BA (Bachelor of Arts in Economics), Provost honors.
- Coach, Lynbrook High School Mock Trial, San Jose, CA, 2006-2010, 2010 County Champions, 3rd Place 2010 California State Tournament;
- Volunteer firefighter, Forest Hill Fire Department, 2002-2003 ;
- President, Phi Alpha Delta (Co-Ed Pre Law Organization), UCSD 2000-2001;
- Member, Alpha Phi Omega (Co-Ed Community Service Fraternity), UCSD 2000-2001.
Bar and Court admissions
- California Bar;
- All the state Courts in California, including the Supreme Court;
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California;
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California;
- U.S. Appeals Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Interests and Hobbies
In his free time, Nick likes to bike around the bay area. He goes on rides from 30-60 miles and recently rode to the top of recently opened, Mt Umunhum.